CHANTAL PHILLIPS, M.A., RSLP
Registered Speech Language Pathologist
Chantal will be at Decker Lake School on Fridays.
Chantal is able to provide support to children in the following areas:
- Speech: Articulation/child is hard to understand or has difficulty saying some speech sounds. **
- Language: attending, focusing, listening, understanding directions and conversation, social communication and interactions, ‘school english’ grammar/sentence rules.
- Stuttering: repeating or stretching sounds or words, struggling or getting ‘stuck’ when talking.
- Voice: hoarse or strained voice, nasal voice, voice too high or low
- Hearing: difficulty hearing or recognizing differences between similar words, inconsistent responding to directions, complaining that they can’t hear, turning head or straining to listen.
**If your school receives services from Tiny Eye speech therapy as well, children with ‘articulation’ or ‘speech’ goals may be referred for Tiny Eye (computer-based) services, with monitoring from Chantal if required.
If you have any questions about your child’s speech and language, feel free to contact Chantal directly. Referrals can be made through your child’s teacher. Your child will not be seen for speech therapy without your consent.
Once a referral is received, speech therapy support may be in the form of individual or group sessions during weekly school visits or consultation may be provided to the classroom teacher to support your child’s speech and language in the classroom.